(Jonathan Daniel Hamm)
Did you know...
1. He was born on March 10, 1971 in St. Louis, Missouri.
2. He was a set designer for softcore pornographic films for a brief period during an acting 'dry patch' when he couldn't secure work as an actor as most roles he was up for were of high school-aged characters and he looked too old.
3. Although the Don Draper role he played on Mad Men required him to smoke, he actually quit smoking at the age of 24 and only smoked herbal cigarettes when in character.
4. His parents had divorced when he was 2 and after his mother died from colon cancer when he was 10, he went to live with his father. He struggled with severe chronic depression in his early twenties after the death of his dad and has said that he had also turned to alcohol then to deal with his father's death. Over 20 years later, he would enter rehab in March 2015 for his alcohol addiction.
5. He is a huge comedy fan and is known to frequently quote lines from one of his favourite movies ''Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy''
To see more of the lovely Jon Hamm in action, Lily recommends catching his iconic portrayal of Don Draper in AMC's 'Mad Men'